What this tool does: There are several stretches along the Lost Coast Trail that are inaccessible during high tide. Using astronomical tide data for Shelter Cove, CA, this tool estimates the time windows when these sections will typically be accessible in calm surf conditions. It assumes the tide heights follow a sine wave pattern which is not entirely accurate. Local variations and sea conditions will affect the tide heights as well, and these cannot be accounted for here.
In calm surf, most of the Lost Coast Trail is passable when the tide is lower than +2-3 feet.
User Agreement & Disclaimer
By using this tide prediction tool ("Tool"), you agree to the following terms:
1. Use at Your Own Risk: The Tool is provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only. You acknowledge and agree that you use the Tool and its predictions entirely at your own risk.
2. Accuracy: We cannot guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the data. Tidal conditions can be influenced by a variety of factors, and the predictions provided by the Tool may not always reflect actual conditions.
3. Reference to NOAA Tides For the most accurate and up-to-date tidal information, users should refer to the official tide predictions provided by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) for this station.
4. No Liability: Under no circumstances shall we be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the Tool, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
5. Indemnification: You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the providers of the Tool, its affiliates, officers, directors, and employees from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Tool or violation of this agreement.
By continuing to use the Tool, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by this User Agreement & Disclaimer.